Six tips on starting a successful blog
Is it possible to make money from your blog? Yes. But not with poorly written articles.
Blogging financial success is directly proportional to content, page-views, and, of course, a little promotion.
Here are a few tips to help you start writing a successful blog:
1) Write about what you know! Write thoughtful, grammatically correct, and interesting posts that will bring people back to read your next post. Gain loyalty through quality. Make it fun, informative, and useful. Remember that content is king. Content is what drives people to your website, and content is what will encourage them to come back. And you want them to come back.
2) Sign up for Adsense. The Adsense program is a very prevalent advertising program run by Google. Adsense ads tend to be two or three sentence ads that you can see on millions of websites. Once you have a blog started (one of the easiest sites to create a blog at is blogger.com), then you can start displaying Adsense ads on your page. Eventually, if you write good articles to attract people to your site, people will click on your ads and money will go into your Adsense account.
3) It is possible to make money online, but it is not necessarily easy. But what is? If something seems too good to be true, like making hundreds of dollars overnight, then it probably is. People are always trying to sell some overnight get rich quick scheme. The only person getting rich off of this venture is the person selling you on the scheme. And that’s the truth. Put in some hard work and you will reap the rewards. Moreover, you can increase your ctr to divert more traffic to your page. But you need to be careful about this as you might end up overdoing it and this might lead to ban on your blog page.
4) Put in the time to craft well written articles. Pay attention to style, grammar, and key words. Key words are important for search engine traffic and to let “bots” (the “robots” that search and index your site for search engines like Google and Yahoo) know what your article is about. You want to pick one or two keywords that best summarize what your article is about. For example, if I were writing a blog post about “traveling to Spain,” I would use that very phrase as my key phrase. I would make sure to insert these words into the title, the subtitle, and into each paragraph of the post. The skill lies in doing it naturally, and not making it look like you are randomly inserting words. Remember, you want people to enjoy reading your article. Soon people will be coming back for more and you will be able to make money online. Good luck.
5) Write quantity–but not at the sake of quality. The more content you have, the more online “real estate” you will have, and the more page-views your site will receive. I compare blog entries to real estate because each time you write a new blog post, it is like setting up a house on an empty plot of land-a house that may generate some income for you. The more houses you have, the more potential you have for earnings.
6) Remember, it should be fun. If you are only doing it for the money, then you won’t last long. This is why it is important to write about things you love, know, and want to learn more about. Have fun.