So you’ve built your page, what’s the next step? It has no followers. Right now, it’s like an advert that’s hidden somewhere – very ineffective. Here are a few of my top tips to get you publicity.
Setting up a group is easy and will take you no time. Go to Facebook Groups Page and select ‘Create New Group’ at the top on the right hand side. Go through all the blank boxes, filling in the information to the best of your ability. Select ‘Global’ as your network because it will mean that anyone on Facebook can access your Group. This is unless you are a very local business who doesn’t want connections from around the world. Now you have a group to use with your page to get huge amounts of attention to your business for free or pay to use Facebook Ads to give it a push if you wish.
A business using Facebook for marketing should make a Page for their company most of the time. This is what Facebook recommends. Occasionally though, it might be useful to create a Facebook Group as well or in place of the Facebook Page. What’s the main difference between the two is that a group has a more community feel to it – it will allow people to connect through the site easier than a page. A page on the other hand is just a representation of the business. People become a fan of it but there is little interaction. Here are a few of the key differences. The connection of the people is great with the purchase of the likes and comments. All the essential information is available here at the site. The recommendations can be taken from the relatives and friends to get the desired results.
Facebook has recently told us that it has 150 million users log-in to its website every single day. So if you have a business, you may as well try out Facebook for marketing. That’s a lot of potential customers out there. Many businesses have done this recently, some of them even scrapping time on their website and trading it in for time on Facebook. Although with popularity comes competition. Can you imagine how many Facebook Pages are out there competing with yours? The mind boggles.
You need to think differently to get noticed but if you do the benefits are tremendous. Here are a few ways.
- Use your profile photo well – Make sure it tells people who land on your page who you are and more importantly what you have to give them. People on Facebook have itchy fingers, they don’t wait around for long. Get their attention as quickly as you can and keep it. Make it as big as you can and eye catching.
- Use your name well – What name would attract you to a page? Be brutally honest with this one here. Often, you should just use the businesses name here. If it’s a franchise, you may want to add the city name as well to differentiate it (eg. Wetherspoons Piccadilly).
- Use your URL well – On Facebook, you can choose to have a standard URL which has a tonne of numbers after the forward slash or you can have a Vanity URL. Tonnes of people will find your business simply by typing ‘Facebook.com/YourBusinessName’. This may also help your business in Search Engine Rankings. Also, if you get an official sounding name it shows authority. Businesses with names like “AutomotiveParts34” just sound silly and people will not be sure if it is what they’re looking for.
- Give followers good information – When you get to the Information box on Facebook, fill it in with as much useful information as you can. Tell them a little about your history and then go straight into how you can help them. Also, use a lot of Keywords related to your business so that you get tonnes of traffic from Search Engines. Words for a car company might be – exhaust, petrol, chassis etc.
- Personal touch – A fantastic way to do this is to make a page on which you can add extra tabs. They show at the top of the page and if they seem interesting, others will click on them. You may have seen these already with tabs like ‘Discussion’ and ‘Forum’ appearing regularly. Keep on connecting with those Facebook fans and they will do the marketing for you. Every time that they post something, it comes up on their news feed for all their friends to see which is great publicity. Word of mouth is the best there is.
- Use current networks – If you already have networks online for your business then tell them about your Facebook page. It helps to put a little banner on your website/blog about your Facebook presence. Many people will prefer to connect with you on this site as they are on it so often anyways. It only takes a second and is worth trying out.