Undercounter ice machines are useful specifically in those areas where little space is available. These machines are best to be placed when coolers or cocktail arrangements takes the maximum space in the room. These ice machines are considered as one of the best machines, especially when transporting is an inconvenience. However, installation of such kind of undercounter ice machines is not recommended in high volume restaurants or bars. After all, it won’t be able to accommodate huge quantity of ice creams in one go.
Installation of undercounter ice machines
The installation of machines involves the user to follow some simple steps and processes as mentioned below;
- Ice makers require use of three things in order to function appropriately i.e. electricity, floor drain and also portable water supply. For smaller under counter machines or even cabinet ice makers one might not require a floor drain.
- Before beginning the process of installation, it is important that the user goes through complete manual provided by manufacturer. This is quite useful in functioning and installation.
- The undercounter machines once installed can work very well along with a cord and plug.
- The large commercial ice makers should be appropriately cleaned from left and right side, such that air cycle can be maintained and also it remains effective throughout. With this, the much required breathing is created to keep refrigeration run effectively within the machine.
Maintenance of undercounter ice machines
These machines are available in variety in the market, depending on the type and kind of manufacturer you are approaching for to make such purchase. It is essential to keep in mind that, bar beverages works well with cube shape or shot glass style. While handling the ice machine, make sure to maintain the sanitary and also keep it clean. Moreover, it is even advisable that the water filter within the machine is changed every six months. Following such simple maintenance methods, can keep the machine running for a long period of time.
How to save money while purchasing ice machine?
There are many ways in which money can be saved while purchasing machine by following methods as mentioned below;
- It is advisable to invest in less expensive machines which are lower in purchase cost. You can even opt for expensive machines that might cost a lot at the time of purchase but the cost cuts down a lot while operating on it.
- Consumers can even refer Federal Energy management program, which has published certain energy saving calculators to help consumer quantify the amount of savings and total cost incurred on machines.